It always pays to go through a quick, but thorough, checklist before heading out. Some things to consider:
· Hull. Give your PWC a walkaround, checking for any cracks or damage to the hull, rails and ports.
· Steering. Make sure your handlebar moves smoothly from lock to lock (that is, from one side to the other until it stops) with no resistance. Also test your handlebar to ensure it is not loose.
· Throttle switch. Test to ensure smoothness of action without sticking or catching.
· Fuel and oil. Top off your gas and make sure your oil is at the recommended level.
· Cables and controls. Check that all other controls (engine cutout switch, speedometer, fuel gauge, etc.) operate smoothly and are problem-free.